Autodesk Inventor Nastran is a CAD-embedded, general-purpose FEA tool powered by the Autodesk Nastran solver. The new Nastran In-CAD offers a wide range of simulation spanning across multiple analysis types, delivering another high-end simulation in a CAD-embedded workflow that works within both Autodesk Inventor and SOLIDWORKS to help engineers and analysts make great products.
This program Nastran In-CAD can also handle different types of elements in the same analysis, that is, mixing surface models with solids or beam elements in the same analysis. This is to get a better understanding and a stronger confidence in the draft design proposal.
- Use robust and accurate CAD embedded analysis capabilities.
- Go beyond the linear static studies in Inventor with embedded FEA technology.
- Automate projectile impact and virtual drop tests for phones, laptops, and many other products.
- Model metals, rubber, and soft tissue in a single virtual test.
- Determine stress, strain, and deformation.
- Resolve problems with noise and vibrations.
- Import data from Autodesk CFD, and apply thermal and fluid pressure results.
- Analyze earthquake and wind loading.
- Idealize thin solid models as a shell.
- Select which structural members will be automatically idealized as beams.
- Avoid assembly failure due to high thermal stress.
- Analyze structures, such as columns and beams, for catastrophic failure under certain loading conditions.
Release Names: Autodesk.Inventor.Nastran.2022.1